Kitten Square ! Please leave a comment if you take this pattern! Thank you!
7 inch square!
Christal Friend - October 2007 email@example.com
yarn : worsted weight, CA: center cat face, CB: main cat color, CC: Bow color, CD: square main color, CE: border color, black & pink - small amounts to embroider face
Center of face- CA
1) Ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Join, ch 1 (6)
2) 2 sc in each st around. Join, ch 1 (12)
3) (sc, 2sc in next st) repeat around. Join, ch 1 (18) Fasten off.
Head & Ears - CB
1) BLO-Join with sl st in any st, sc in same st, sc in next st, 2 sc in next st, (sc in next 2 sts, 2sc in next st) repeat around. Join, ch 1 (24)
2) (Sc in the next 3 sts, 2 sc in the next st) repeat around. Join, ch 1 (30)
3) FLO- Sc in the 1st 9 sts, ( hdc, dc,trc in next st), (dc, hdc in next st), sc in next 4 sts, (hdc,dc in next st), (trc, dc, hdc in next st), sc in next 9 sts. Leave last 4 sts unworked for bow to be made later! Fasten off! Embroider face on cat now!
Main square - CD
1-3) Same as center of face but don't fasten off!
4-5) Same as 1-2 of head and ears!
6) BLO of round 2 of head! Holding cat head on top of main square, working through both layers! Starting in the loop behind 1st sc on R3 of head. ( Sc in 4 sts, 2 sc in next st) repeat around . Join (36)
7) Slip st in next st, Ch 3 (2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc in same st), skip 2 sts, sc in the next 4 sts, skip 2 sts, * ( 3 dc, ch 2, 3dc in next st), skip 2, sc in next 4 sts, skip 2* repeat from ** twice more. Join.
8) Sl st to corner ch space, Ch 3, 2 dc, ch 3, 3 dc in corner ch space), ch 1, (3 dc in next space between corner & 4 sc sides, ch 1) twice, * (3dc, ch3, 3dc, ch 1 in corner ch) (3 dc in next space between corner & 4 sc sides, ch 1) twice*, repeat from ** around. Join. Fasten off!
1 -2) Sl st to corner ch 3, (ch 3, 2 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in ch space, ( ch 1, 3dc in next ch 1 space across to corner) ch 1, * (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in corner ch space, ch 1, ( 3 dc in next ch 1 space, ch 1 across to corner)* repeat from ** around. Join and Fasten off!
Working in 4 remaining front loops of round 2 of head! Sl st in 1st loop, chain 3, 2 dc in same loop, ch 3, sl st in same loop, work 2 dc in each of next 2 loops, remove loop from hook and pull it through 1st of these 4 dc,( popcorn made for bow center) sl st in last loop, chain 3, 2 dc in same loop, ch 3 sl st in same loop. Fasten Off!
Hope you enjoy this pattern!